Passing

Time passes on each day marching, pushing forward
We are caught in the flow and burden with what is next,
What we have to do and so we rush forward hoping
To get the next thing done, the next item checked off,
To be first in the race to whatever is next, but if I still
Stay a moment, a while and bask in the gentle hush
Within I find the place of welcome, the place that
Says this world has been for ages and will be even
If I stand here and admire it, waiting in the tilt of
Forever, not afraid to be amongst all other concerns,
Demands and appointments they will still be there
They cannot march on without me and the world
Won't stop if I do, listening to the voice of forever
In the wind, in the ground, in the horizon and
Let my heart beat with the Ages of old and forgotten
Stillness

Comments