Companions

"Servants don’t know what their master is doing, and so I don’t speak to you as my servants. I speak to you as my friends, and I have told you everything that my Father has told me."  John 15:15

This comes from the part of John where Jesus is explaining to the disciples about the vine and the branches.  If we are planted in the Vine of God than we will produce good fruit and somehow with all of this we become entwined with Jesus.  Its like companioning with others through something difficult as we walk with them our lives become entwined and we bear new fruit.  

It may also lead us to prune some of our own branches and walk with new friends on the journey.  This brings us to a time of saying good-bye.  These are very difficult when we have companioned with someone for quite a ways.  We always need to say good-bye well when we are pruning this way we can start a new part of the journey and new growth.  

Vine and branches
ever growing
needing pruning.
Seeing where we have
good healthy growth
pruning what is old
and saying good bye.
Our time for growth
with one another
is over.
We must now
grow with others.
We must start
a new path of
growth.
Seeing which way
to climb next
to continue
the journey
to the Son.


Comments