Walking with Christ





Appearances can be deceiving.  We think we are walking trails all alone and find we have picked up travelers with us.  There may be other people on the road.  There may be animals who attach and come along or they may be observing us from a safe distance.  Even in the city we walk with many other people.  The thing about Jesus is that we never walk alone. 

Thanks be to God we don't walk this life alone.  We like to conveniently compartmentalize God into certain areas of our life.  Yet God sees everything and is everywhere.  Sometimes this can make us comforted or uncomfortable, but it is true because God was before we ever were.  Psalm 139 puts it best.  Take comfort God is not far away.

Psalm 139 Contemporary English Version




 You have looked deep
into my heart, Lord,
    and you know all about me.
You know when I am resting
    or when I am working,
    and from heaven
    you discover my thoughts.
Where could I go to escape
    from your Spirit
    or from your sight?
If I were to climb up
to the highest heavens,
    you would be there.
If I were to dig down
to the world of the dead
    you would also be there.

Comments