Peace

27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

John 14:27

When we talk about living peacefully I think we forget that we have to look at ourselves first. Do we stand up against those who are unpeaceful when we see or hear another in trouble?  Do we choose not to argue with a loved one or friend because living peacefully is more important?

See peace comes from a place deep within ourselves. It comes from knowing who we are and whose we are and that sometimes falters and changes. When we live peacefully we have to surrender. Surrender to the idea we are not peaceful people and ask harder questions of what it means to fully live that way. 

If we truly want peace it begins with us. In our own homes and relationships. In risking hurt because we stand or fall with another. Peace comes but it is a hard journey we must choose to make first. 

Comments