Stirrings

I wrote this around Holy Week one year because of the deep movement of Spirit within.  Yesterday I felt these stirrings once again in the celebration of Pentecost.  I pray we make connections with the Spirit our whole life long.  God is always stirring us to new possibilities if we just listen within.


I can feel them running through me
like a river flowing
on to earth and sky and all around
until I want to burst out from within.

Tonight it starts holy time,
the walk with Christ to the cross.
Stripped tonight and bare,
silent and yet
oh so much song bursts forth.

Stirring round and round
in my soul heaven and earth
connected and all of life.
“The blood of Christ the cup of salvation”
said to so many people in so many years,

reaching
to all the community
poured out and flowing freely
God’s love to all.
4/09/09

Comments