Sorry

I am sorry for: not reaching out more. 
I am sorry for hurts I did not know I caused. 
I am sorry for continuing to try to be right when it doesn't matter. 
I am sorry for hurting you. 
I am sorry for taking out my hurts on you. 
I am sorry for not listening hard enough. 
I am sorry for blaming you. 
I am sorry for not understanding you. 
I am sorry for not holding your hand longer
I am sorry for not holding you closer, tighter
I am sorry for not treasuring each and every kiss
I am sorry for all the things that have separated you from me
I am sorry for not responding to your call
I am sorry for all the things which nailed you to a tree
I am sorry and I am forgiven yet if I want to grow
To make peace, I must always be aware of being sorry
Being forgiven does not give me free rein to hurt 
So I remain sorry sometimes that I am frail me
I hold my story up to You and to those who I have harmed
For I am sorry for the ways I have harmed 
Only You can start the healing when we say we're sorry


Comments