Knit together

I love those words of the Psalmist "...you knit me together in my mother's womb. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth." Psalm 139:13b & 15. I think on these words and mostly the thoughts turn to being created long ago before I was born. There is something about being fully known that rings true in these words. Being cared for as we are in the process of being made, being born.

Life is a series of remaking. No one knows our inward life, except God. At times that is a disturbing thought and at others it is a comforting thought. We are all still inwardly being remade and knit and woven together. God doesn't leave us as we grow.

What parts are being remade in you? Most of the time I don't think we meditate on this remaking of ourselves. Things change in us and we don't notice that much difference. It is all a part of our life's journey if we choose to ask the question and explore it. May we dare to ask the question and rest in our day to day knowledge of how we have been made.

Comments