Let me be...

Let me be voiceless,
so that i know what it means to feel small and ignored,
not heard.
In this way i'll know Your voice and the power of You
in gathering all the cries of the oppressed.

Let me be empty,
to have cried out every tear,
to know what it means to not want to yearn,
for Your strength to fill and sustain me
and know in order to be filled You feed us with living bread.

Le me be foolish,
so i am able to be the opposite of this world,
to know Your kingdom by walking the ways less traveled.
The ways of a fabric of faith.

Copyright Annette Joseph 

Comments

  1. Let me rise from the Self that would bind and draw down

    To commune, to grow light in the warmth of Your hands.

    ***

    Thank you, Rev. Annette, for remembering a faraway friend at the start of Holy Week. You cannot know how delighted and grateful I am that you would make the effort...and that you would do so on Palm Sunday morning, no less, when I figure you had one or two other things of more pressing import on your "To Do" list.

    Thanks, too, for the heartfelt sentiment of your poem, "Let Me Be". I look forward to reading more of your writings in due course.

    I must go now, but I will not go very far.

    Bye for now,

    Toni



    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment